After climbing their way to No. 5 on SiriusXM Alt Nation’s Alt 18 Countdown with single “Contagious,” and debuting at No.17 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart for their EP “Howl” (released Jan. 20th via Sumerian Records), Night Riots have released an eerie vignette for new song, “Break” – today on BULLETT Magazine. Watch the vignette, here: http://bit.ly/BullettBreak.
About the new vignette for “Break,” Night Riots frontman Travis Hawley explains, “‘Break’ conjures images of timeless youthful love.” He continues, “We represented this idea by using antique film cuts of lovers kissing. At one point these clips were considered risqué and audacious. But looking back on them from our modern perspective, they seem so romantic in their confident and daring innocence.”
With praise pouring in from the likes of Billboard, Earmilk, MTV, FUSE, Huffington Post, KROQ, All Things Go, NYLON, AV Club and Filter, and sharing recent bills with bands including Cage The Elephant, Walk The Moon, Meg Myers, OK Go, K.Flay, Step Rockets, The Mowgli’s, Wild Cub and Youngblood Hawk, NIGHT RIOTS is setting the alternative underworld ablaze as swift and smartly as their brooding, melody rich and timeless songs have already endeared them to critics. The Southern California based band has a unique melodic sensibility – delivering transcendent pop music that is both modern and timeless; as well as both sinister and romantic, with the downbeat flare of new wave, ’80s movie soundtracks.
Produced by Eric Palmquist (Bad Suns, Trash Talk, Waaves, Mars), “Howl” was released on January 20th via Sumerian Records. Stream “Howl” in its entirety over on EARMILK and Spotify. Purchase the EP on iTunes here: http://bit.ly/1wGx0NT.
Night Riots is Travis Hawley (Lead Vocals/Synth), Nick Fotinakes (Guitar), Matt DePauw (Guitar), Mikel Van Kranenburg (Bass) and Rico Rodriguez (Drums). For more info, please visit: http://www.nightriots.com/.
Upcoming Tour Dates (Additional Dates TBA):
- 02/15 – Fresno, CA @ Strummers
- 02/19 – San Francisco, CA @ Rickshaw Stop (Popscene)
- 02/20 – San Luis Obispo, CA @ Slo Brew
- 02/21 – Bakersfield, CA @ B-Ryders
- 02/26 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Kilby Court
- 02/27 – Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
- 02/28 – Colorado Springs, CO @ The Black Sheep
- 03/02 – Kansas City, MO @ recordBar
- 03/03 – St. Louis, MO @ The Demo*
- 03/05 – Chicago, IL @ Reggie’s Rock Club*
- 03/06 – Covington, KY @ Madison Live*
- 03/08 – Boston, MA @ Brighton Music Hall*
- 03/09 – New York, NY @ The Studio at Webster Hall*
- 03/11 -Springfield, VA @ Empire*
- 03/16 – Fayetteville, AR @ George’s Majestic Lounge**
- 03/22 – Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad*
- 03/24 – Scottsdale, AZ @ Pub Rock
- 03/25 – San Diego, CA @ House of Blues (Voodoo Room)*
* w/ DRAEMINGS
** w/ Pianos Become The Teeth
Be sure to keep up with the band on their social networks: